Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Not Sleeping

I don't generally sleep well before big events like Christmas, my birthday, or any event in which something amazing is going to happen. In this case, I can't sleep because tomorrow is Valentine's Day, as well as the day of my Orientation for school, and my job interview for Kindercare. Then afterwards, my boyfriend, Jared, has something planned for me. I'm just not aware of what it is. He's a good guy and surprising me ;)

In other news, I bought a dress today.


I censor'd out my derp face and phone because... well... it was just a weird look and I only had my camera phone and a mirror. I haven't had time since buying the dress to take a legitimately good picture, so this will have to do.

This dress first came to my life when I was looking online at Torrid's stuff. I got a gift card to Torrid for Christmas, so decided I needed to spend it. I saw this dress and instantly fell in love. I drove up to the Torrid in the South Towne Mall and brought along Amanda for emotional support. She was great. I bought the dress and then we visited a friend out in Midvale, you know, since we were already out that direction anyway. He made us coffee (which was amazing, by the way. There are perks to being friends with people who work at coffee shops.) and then we headed down in the complete opposite direction to pick up my boyfriend from work down in Orem.

Then I came home, ate some "dinner" and then tried to sleep, which hasn't been working for the last four or so hours. Like I said, I have my school's orientation tomorrow morning, and then a job interview after. I just hope I can nap between my job interview, and the time when Jared told me to be ready for our Valentine's date. Otherwise, I might accidentally fall asleep during said date.... though to be honest, I rarely ever fall asleep whilst doing things. I'll probably just end up being crotchety if I don't get at least a little nap in between my interview and our date.

I'd rather NOT put Jared through that. He came to my house once while I was really crotchety, and my mom just so happened to be in a similar mood. When my mom and I get into arguments, we don't really yell, but we get REALLY catty and mean. It always works out in the end, but while we argue, it always feels weird. I hated having him see that, but honestly, he would have seen it at some point, and he didn't seem to be scared off by it. If anything, he was interested in how my mom and I worked and functioned together, even through the hardest parts of it.

Anyway. I should probably try sleeping, you know, before it's dawn and I regret not at least putting in a little MORE effort to try and not go insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment