Well it started out with just... calmness. Jared's brother and his brother's wife were coming down to AF from Logan, so we were waiting on them until we could go see The Avengers. We saw it at the Cinemark in AF with Taylor (his sister), Sean (his brother), and Jessica (his sister-in-law).
Avengers = Awesome. I feel bad if you haven't seen it yet, because it is the most amazing thing ever.
Anyway, after that, we went up to the Draper Temple. It's my favorite temple in the area because of all the color around it, and how at night you can see the valley all lit up below it.
His dad took a bunch of pictures, and I realized what was happening.
He was gonna propose.
I'm ten months away from becoming Mrs. Lisa Dalton.
(March 30th, 2013)
Now comes the hard/interesting part... wedding planning.
I've essentially already picked out my dress. I have had it stuck in my head for the last few months and now it's just become an issue of when I can go with my mom and grandma to go (hopefully!) purchase it. I'd post pictures, but I don't want to run a chance of my fiancé seeing the dress :P
I've already decided I want to get married in the Draper Temple for the aforementioned reasons, and now that the date has essentially been set, it seems like now my head is wanting to plunge headfirst into this.
I just don't know where to go from here. I've already asked the girls I want to have as bridesmaids if they'd like to be my bridesmaids. (Sorry to those who I didn't ask. With exception to Nina, all my bridesmaids are local, thus cutting out the hassle of long-distance dress shopping. I don't really want to deal with that.)
I suppose I could figure out the wedding band, but I'm not sure if that's necessarily the next step? I just don't know WHAT the next step should be... Favors and decorations, perhaps? Should I just chill out and wait until the date is closer? Venue, maybe? Who knows. Right now, I'm just confused.
So if someone would like to clue me in on how this whole thing works, I'm sure I'll need the help.

No comments:
Post a Comment