This isn't my personal revelation. This is leading up to it.
On a handy little website called "FaceBook", I can see whom of my friends is getting married. This time it happened to be a girl from my drama class. I had long deleted her in one of my we-don't-really-talk-anymore purges and, out of sight, out of mind, I hadn't thought about her much until recently.
She had a gorgeous ring. And I'm talking RING, like, the rock on that thing rivaled rings I couldn't even DREAM of owning. Okay, so maybe it wasn't QUEEN OF ENGLAND grand, but it was still amazing, and would take ANY girl's breath away to have it presented to her.
She had a gorgeous ring. And I'm talking RING, like, the rock on that thing rivaled rings I couldn't even DREAM of owning. Okay, so maybe it wasn't QUEEN OF ENGLAND grand, but it was still amazing, and would take ANY girl's breath away to have it presented to her.
I'll admit, I was jealous at first. I sat there and thought about Jared and I, and how little our ring is.
It's little. This is a bigger picture of it. When I actually get engaged, I'll show you the real thing. Mine also has a little bit less of a shine to it, due to age. This one pictured is platinum, also, and mine is white gold. Little differences, but differences nonetheless.
Anyway. I looked at this girl's huge ring. I thought about mine. I looked at her ring, and then thought about mine.
Initially? Jealous. Insanely so.
But then I stopped. I looked at the ring again and then looked at my hand. I looked around and saw a few things around my floor and then looked at the ring
But then I stopped. I looked at the ring again and then looked at my hand. I looked around and saw a few things around my floor and then looked at the ring
Her ring wasn't me. It wasn't sentimental. It was a huge rock with a shiny sign that read "NOT LISA" on it. I looked back around my room and then back at my hand. (Although the ring wasn't/isn't there yet, I've grown a habit of gesturing to my hand whenever I think about Jared and I.) My MOTHER gave us our ring. She didn't have to.
So this is my personal revelation: People come in different shapes and sizes. So do things. And when the things reflect the person inside is when you find really valuable things, not because they cost a million dollars. When you find things that carry sentimentality and meaning to you is when you've found something amazing.
I love my ring, and I love my Jared. and I wouldn't want any of this any other way.
I love my ring, and I love my Jared. and I wouldn't want any of this any other way.
Also, I wish my friend the best of luck with everything! <3

No comments:
Post a Comment