Why do Fill-in-the-Blank baby books always stop at like... year two? I don't think I've ever seen a baby book go past maybe age four at the most.
This comes up mostly because I recently had the chance to look through my Grandma's office supplies to steal a few school supplies for my Creative Writing class. (Namely a notebook and a legal pad) During my rummaging, I stumbled upon an old book. It was grey with a silver border around the cover of it. It was no bigger than an average children's book, if not smaller than one. I opened it up.
It was the baby book of my great-grandmother, dated back to 1925. The book had different sections for different stages of a son or daughter's life that you could fill in with your own information. Though there weren't many pages, the book went up to the day the child got married. I thought that was neat.
I mean, think about it. They're still your child regardless of how old they are. Shouldn't every achievement be special?
As I thought about this, I kind of laughed to myself about titling everything "Baby's first _______"
baby's first haircut
baby's first steps
baby's first words
baby's first day at school
baby's first friendships
baby's first day at junior high
baby's first best friend
baby's first boyfriend/girlfriend
baby's first time getting dumped.
baby's first graduation day
baby's first day at college
Just imagine a baby doing all those things. I laughed really hard at the idea of my first bridal show going into a baby book.
Well that leads into my next part. I'm going to a bridal show tomorrow with my future sister-in-law, Jessica, and I'm pretty stoked. I'm so stoked, I can't even sleep. How counterproductive, right?
Anyway. Jared's at work all night, and I feel kind of bad for him. This is one of three graveyard shifts he has to pull and I can't help but hope that he isn't permanently put on as the night auditor. I can tell it kind of vaguely pulls him off his mental cycle, and although I'm sure he could adjust over time, for now it's very much not a fun time for him.
Pull together, my love! :(
No comments:
Post a Comment