Sunday, March 27, 2011

Prom and Other Things

God these acrylics hurt. Seriously, acrylic nails will be the death of me. I've had them once before, but that time was in about 7th grade, back when I had a nail-biting problem, and chewed them off, pretty much, later in the day after having them put on.

Prom was tonight. I loved it! I went with my friend Matt. I decided to go with a 50's theme, since my dress wasn't exactly a "Prom" dress.



Quite fun, quite fun. Strollin' along~

Anyway. I know I'm not the best at updating, but I felt like making a post for tonight. It was prom night! I HAVE to report on that!

Gaaah... Its such a pain to type... anyway...

We went with our group to a fancy restaurant. Like, fine dining, fancy. I used to do a table setting competition every year at a fair in LA, not to mention, I catered weddings where tables needed to be set, so I knew how the setting worked. Otherwise, I think I would have died. People who didn't know how the cups and forks were supposed to be set, accidentally took other people's silverware or drinks and things got confusing. I was able to keep mine to myself, thank God. 

Then we actually got to the dance. It was only from 8 to 11, so when we showed up at 9:45, I felt kind of sad. I mean, we only were going to stay for an hour and fifteen minutes before they kicked everyone out? Talk about not much time. Taking out the time you would probably need for water breaks, removing heels and flowers and jackets, and getting those items back before 11, You've got about maybe a good 45 minute window of pure party spirit. Not a whole lot, compared to how I usually do dances, be they school sponsored or otherwise. Once we got to the actual dance hall, however, I was glad it was 45 minutes. The place was so packed, that people were huddled together like penguins in the Antarctic. 

You could hardly move without someone jabbing something into your side. Or, if you had taken off your heels, jabbing something into your face. I accidentally stepped on a girl's dress without realizing it, and I'm pretty sure I ripped part of it. When the song quieted, I heard a slight tearing noise as she walked off, and I felt something move from under my foot.

Anyway. I also saw a lot of my friends. And a few people who don't like me. But that's another story for another day.

<3 Lisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment